Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Admit One

Yesterday, I was at the car dealership getting my oil changed. I was sitting in the waiting room reading a book. One lady stood up and walked around the small room handing out the tract seen in the picture. She said nothing as she thrust each tract at all four of us sitting there. I politely said, "Thank you," and went back to reading.

When I got home, I looked at it. I was intrigued by the "Admit One" ticket on the front. Is that what our view of salvation is about? Are we only interested in getting people a free ride to heaven? Is that all there is to the Christian life? We get our "Admit One" ticket that we can hand to St. Peter at the Pearly Gates. Then we go around handing out tracts without saying a word. Is that what it's all about?

What about Jesus inviting on an adventure? What about bringing the Kingdom of God to people on earth, here and now? What about relationships? What about relationships with others, including icky sinners? What about a relationship with the King of the Universe? It is all a present reality, not just a future hope.

No comments: