Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Signs of the Times

No, not the End Times!

I mean, have you ever had a realization that your life is changing? That you're getting "older"?

I have noticed two things over the last couple weeks.

First, my daughter no longer sits with us or my parents at church. She sits with her friends. That is fine; it is one of those rites of passage.

Second, I am a zombie at 10:00 PM. I cannot stay awake past 10 or 10:30. I used to be able to stay up and catch the beginning of Leno or Letterman. No more!

What's next? Do I move to Florida and wear Bermuda shorts with black socks and sandals, then hit the "Sizzler" at 4:00 for the early bird special?

My hair is still falling out, too.

1 comment:

Roy said...

You are getting old. Wait until you sit on the porch and threaten to keep all the balls that roll into your yard.