Wednesday, July 18, 2007

GRE: Date Certain

I just did it. I registered, and paid a whopping $140, to take the GRE test. It all seems much more real now. The date is August 14, which is my dad's birthday. I have commenced projectile sweating.

I did a practice test for the verbal section this morning. I did well on the sentence completion, and the analogies. Doing well on the analogies really surprised me. I was most worried about that. The reading comprehension was not great, but I have never been great at that. I am a more auditory learner. I hardly read anything in college. I absorbed most from the lectures, and fortunately most of my profs tested on the lecture. The antonym section was awful. It is hard to know what the antonym is to a word you have no clue about. Prolix? Who uses the word prolix? It apparently means "wordy."

I have to hone my studying, as the date approaches.

1 comment:

Roy said...

Prolix? My old boss used to accuse me of being laconic in my written communication.

I view it as "cutting to the chase" as quickly as possible.