Friday, February 8, 2008

My Aunt Shirley

My dad's youngest sister passed away yesterday (2/7/08). She was my aunt, obviously--that's how these things work. She was also my godmother. I grew with the strange thought that if my parents ever died, I would go live with her and my uncle. (It's odd how a child's mind works sometimes.) Nevertheless, she was special lady. My uncle retired a few years ago after pastoring for many years. My aunt was the consummate "pastor's wife" (whatever that is). My uncle called her his "prayer warrior." I know she was praying for us, and especially for my wife last year while we were dealing with my wife's medical issues. I will miss her prayers. I was glad that they came out for a visit last summer. It had been ten years since I had seen them. Now, she has found her eternal rest in the arms of the Savior she loved so dearly and served so faithfully.

My aunt Shirley, may she rest in peace.

No comments: