Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back in the saddle

Well, my nearly two week vacation ended today. Summer school is in session. I am back to the grueling four-hour work day. Instead of four one-hour classes, I have two two-hour classes.

I do not understand teachers who think teaching is so difficult. This is the easiest job I have ever had, and the pay better than someone with my skills (or lack thereof) would make working a 9 to 5 job. I am home when the kids get home from school. ("Do your homework!")

On top of that, the power that be changed the schedule this summer. In the past, we taught four days per week and finished at the end of July. This year, we are teaching five days per week and will done in the middle of July, which translates to nearly a month off before the start of the fall semester. I must say, though, that I really liked the three day weekends.

No comments: