Friday, May 23, 2008

Gas Prices

Gas prices continue to soar, but people continue to drive. Locally, I do not think anyone has cut back on driving. When I venture out, it seems that the roads are just as full as before. It seems that the gas stations are about as busy as ever.

Personally, we have cut back on driving. We drive to work, church and the kids' sports. Fortunately the grocery store where we shop is close to where I work, so I do the shopping after work.

One thing that does concern me, is the possibility that churches and charitable organizations may feel the pinch. Having pastored a small church with a super-tight budget, every dollar means something.

I would hate to see giving decline to organizations that help the less fortunate.

Cut out eating out or buying the new shoes, and contribute to those in need.

No comments: