Saturday, January 24, 2009

Techno Stuff I Don't Have

I am not technologically savvy. I am still trying to figure out how blog on my Smith Corona typewriter.

It amazes me all the techno stuff that is out there, and I have very little. Following is a list of the techno stuff (at least the stuff that I am aware of) that I don't have:

  • I-Pod (or any such MP3 player); I do have a cassette tape walkman with an AM/FM radio.
  • GPS device; I use the old fashion GPS device--it's called a Rand McNally Atlas.
  • Digital TV; I do have two converter boxes so I can continue to melt my brain after the big digital conversion.
  • PDA (or Palm Pilot); I have never been very good with paper organizers, so why bother?
  • Bluetooth; it sounds painful, I prefer white teeth. Seriously though, I do know what bluetooth is. I have an "ear-bud" for my cell phone, but it doesn't fit my ear.
  • Cell phone add-ons; I don't text message (I fail to see how this is more efficient than actually talking). I don't have Internet access or e-mail on my phone.
  • Cable/satellite TV; see above.
  • Digital camcorder; the tape one broke. My digital camera does have a video feature.
  • Facebook/MySpace; several people have requested that I join, but I don't see the point. I have never been very social, but cyber-socialization seems impersonal. (I do have this blog, which about 1-2 people read.)
Maybe I am stuck in the late 1990s (is Clinton still president?), or maybe I am getting old.

No comments: