Sunday, July 23, 2006

Where do I go and where do I fit?

My life in ministry has changed much over the last few months. The church that I was the pastor imploded and nothing is left. We have started attending another church, and have sought opportunities for ministry. (I can't stand doing nothing.) It's strange not being the one up front. One of the hard things, having preached every Sunday for nearly 4 years, is that I tend to listen with a critical ear. It's not critical in the sense that I say, "That was awful," but in the sense of this was good or that was bad in terms of delivery. It's hard to allow God to speak to me when I do that. I hate doing it.

I have never doubted God's call on my life to be where I'm at right now. I just want to do what God wants me to do.

The church family we are currently with is great. The people are nice and friendly. I really get the sense that they care, and that's cool. So many churches aren't like that.

Sometimes I wonder, though, if I fit in. I've always tended to be a sort of a loner, and that makes people think I'm aloof. All the questions run through my mind, "Will I fit in here? What will others think? Is this the right place?" I guess I'm a little insecure right now.

God is working me through this.

No comments: