Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Problem With Society

I am going sound like Dana Carvey's old SNL character, Grumpy Old Man, "Back in my day..."

Fine, if that makes me a grumpy old man, so be it.

I am tired of the attitude that says, I'm gonna do whatever I want to do just because I want to.

Judges 17:6 and 21:25 both say, "In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as he saw fit." Everyone did whatever they wanted to do.

Today, someone pulled in the wrong way at the gas station. Most gas stations do not have signs or rules about which way to pull up to the pumps. This one did. This person did whatever just because it was more convenient to break the rules than to follow them.

Scott Peterson killed his wife and unborn child because it was more convenient than to deal with the marriage and child.

I am not saying going the wrong way at a gas station is tantamount to murder, but the attitude is essentially the same. It's all about ME! ME! ME!

Sin is the root of this. Everyone does whatever he sees fit.

(Just had to vent.)

1 comment:

Roy said...

Lock arms at the elbows, form a chous line with kicks and sing "It's All About Me" to the tune of "It had to be you."