Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Boo-Hoo

Are we supposed to feel sorry for the Hollywood writers? They are on strike demanding more money. They are picketing and shutting down production on television and movies.

Is this what unions are all about? Every couple years you have baseball players (and other pro athletes) whining for more money.

This is not the early 1900s when the unions were fighting for livable wages and safe working conditions.

Are these writers living in shacks? Are they living paycheck to paycheck? Are they nearly destitute? Are their children going without shoes?

Perhaps, it is not a bad thing for the halt of the garbage that they churn out on film and over the airwaves. Just stop the incessant whining.

4 comments:

Roy said...

I hadn't noticed since I don't watch network TV. SciFi, History and the Military channels along with AMC, FMC and TCM and sports are my favs.

bishopman said...

Unfortunately, I don't have cable/dish. Actually the strike just started Monday, so the effect will be down the road.

Roy said...

DirecTv with Tivo is awesome my friend.

bishopman said...

So I hear.