Friday, November 16, 2007

Tough Decisions

As I prepare to head back to school, come January, I am in the process of deciding which class I should take. I am seeking my master's in American history. Our financial situation pretty much dictates one class at this time, which is fine with me. I want to get my bearings without being overwhelmed by the demands of grad school.

I am just not sure what class to take. There are five American history classes offered in the Spring semester. However, only one fits with my work schedule. The deal is, the professor teaching the class has absolutely horrible reviews on ratemyprofessors.com. And by horrible, I mean horrible. I realize that all profs will have some negatives (you can't please everyone), but this guy's negatives run about 10 to 1. The words boring, unclear, and rambling occur over and over.

The other option I have is that I can take one of the two classes outside my concentration (i.e. something that is not American history). Again, I only need two classes. I am not sure that I want to burn one of those right out of the gate. At the same time, the Twentieth-Century European History is one of the electives that I had seriously considered.

I want to get off to a good start.

No comments: