Friday, March 16, 2007

Reflections on Day 1 of the NCAA Tournament

How embarrassing is this? My 10 year-old daughter is beating me in the tournament brackets. I think I'll be going into hiding. My wife is also beating me. I think I'll have to turn in my "man card."

Two teams that always seem to trip me up are Duke and Indiana. Duke got upset by Virginia Commonwealth University. It was really the only exciting game of the first round. (Although, I'm not sure of the late games. I can't stay awake.)

Then there is Indiana. They beat Gonzaga. Just a few years ago, Gonzaga was the darling of the tournament.

It doesn't matter, when I pick Duke or Indiana to lose, they win. When I pick them to win they lose. I can't win either way.

Then there is the "great" coach Bobby Knight. He is the same way. His Texas Tech Red Raiders lost to Boston College. When I pick him to win, he loses. When I pick him to lose, he wins.

My brackets are a mess, and we are just starting Day Two.

2 comments:

Roy said...

we are doing the family brackets as well. We have for several years. Right now it's a tossup. None of us are setting the world on fire.

bishopman said...

My wife's champ (Wisconsin) bit the dust. My daughter picked Boston College for some reason, and they are gone. I have Ohio State.

I'm still bragging about 2000 when I correctly picked, from the beginning of the tournament, Michigan State.