Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Knowing God's Will

This is something that has been bugging me for a while now. How do I know God's will? I have been thinking about this in reference to my job/career/vocation (whatever you want to call it).

Is something God's will because it happens? I don't think so. That would not make sense. Just because something happened does not mean God willed it. That would be stupid to think that. That would mean such horrible things as child abuse, murder and rape would be God's will.

How do I know God's will in reference to the ministry? I know my denomination is not going to ask me to plant a church in this town. The church where currently attend is great. The pastor talks about planting another church in town (ooh, ooh pick me, pick me), but that is all it is: talk.

My parents recently moved here, and the quickest way to kill them would be to move somewhere else.

I have always felt that I am where God wants me, but lately I've been struggling with that.

No comments: