Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sports and Life: A Perspective

As I sit humiliated by my wife and daughter. Both of them kicked the tar out of me in our bracket challenge. I'm just glad I didn't have my six-year old fill out a bracket. I think about larger things. Perhaps you have heard this. The young man, named Jason Ray, that portrayed the North Carolina Tar Heels mascot, "Ramses the Ram," was hit by a driver in New Jersey last week before the UNC-USC game. He had been in critical condition, but died yesterday.

So often we think of sports being life and death. We (myself included) get so wrapped up in the game. A tragedy like this puts it all in perspective.

1 comment:

Roy said...

For once I am winning the family bracket challenge. I have all of the Final Four but I have Georgetown beating UCLA in the Championship. I may still go down in flames