Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Empowered by God

My fellow blogger wrote about how God spoke through him to various people in a recent sermon. I won't retell it; you should read it.

It is a true story of God empowering a communicator. I have experienced the same thing. I have preached sermons that I thought were junk, but God used them in powerful ways. I have delivered sermons that I thought were great examples of oratory perfection that fell with a huge thud.

Another way that God has empowered me is through the fact that I have never been a good public speaker. I have always hated public speaking. In school given the choice between an oral report and a written paper, I would always choose a written paper. I even took speech class in college to try to overcome my fear of public speaking, to no avail.

The only thing I can chalk it up to is God's power filling my life. There is a cliche that goes: "God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called." It is awesome to God empower someone to do his work.

No comments: