Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Mom

Mother's Day was last Sunday, and we celebrated with my mother.

My mom has been a powerful influence in my life. She has pushed and prodded me my whole life. When ever I would get a bad grade in school, she would simply say, "Son, you know you can do better." Oh, that would cut me to the heart. And, I knew I could do better.

She worked her tail off for the family. She provided. She had fun.

Tonight, my mom is being recognized for something grand. She is receiving her GED. Her parents thought in only necessary for girls to have an 8th grade education, so that's all she received. For someone with only an 8th grade education, she did very well. Last year, she started working toward her GED, after a mere 55 years after finishing the 8th grade. She got done in a little over 8 months.

For that I am proud as can be.

No comments: