Thursday, January 17, 2008

Further Signs of Aging

I attended my first class last night, and it went well. The one odd thing is that I realized I am an old man. I am the second oldest student in class. I am not sure if some of the guys in the class have started shaving yet. Some of them look like they are twelve.

During introductions, I mentioned having children. Later, as the prof was talking about his kids, he asked how many I had, then asked the other gentlemen who is my senior how many he had. He did not bother ask anyone else.

I do think that age will work to my advantage. I had considered grad school after college, but never did it. I am more mature (hopefully) now than I was then. I am more serious now. I have experienced life. I am more widely read now. That, and I am only taking one class.

No comments: