Thursday, January 3, 2008

If an 11-year-old can understand this...

The BCS bowls, so far, have been a total snooze-fest. The best games were non-BCS games.

Our local university beat the darling of last year's BCS. Our local radio station made mention of our team being "bowl champions." My daughter asked, "Does that mean they are the champions of all?"

"No," I replied, "They won their game."

We then proceeded to have a small discussion of how they don't have a football playoff. They play one (completely meaningless, to 99% of the country) bowl game then go home. My daughter queried as to why the winners don't get to play another game. She said something to the effect that if the fans will pay to see one bowl game, they will keep paying to see more games if their team wins.

I think, and have for a while now, that a playoff is the answer. I do love the fact that USC and Georgia got shutout. It throws the whole BCS think into a tizzy.

No comments: