Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Peace

Peace is a strange, often elusive thing. St. Paul talked about "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding" (Phil. 4:17).

I was jogging today. (It's a humorous sight.) I was thinking about the path that my life has taken since I graduated from college. Some would probably say that I have been unsettled in that I have not settled down into a career in the formal sense. After college, I was a cubicle jockey for six and a half years. (This is why I find so much humor in Dilbert and The Office.) Then I pastored a church for four years. For the last three years, I have been teaching at the local community college. (The time of pastoring and teaching overlapped.)

I was thinking about where I have been and where I am going. A sense of peace overcame me while I was contemplating these things. Thank God for his peace that "transcends all understanding."

No comments: