Wednesday, January 2, 2008

This Takes Way Too Long

No, I am not talking about how long the college bowl season lasts.

The political process in the United States is way too long. Most of the candidates have been running for better than a year now. Even Fred Thompson was sort of running while he was not officially running. The campaign kicked off shortly after the 2006 mid-term elections. Except for John Edwards, who never stopped running after the 2004 elections.

In this age of over saturation of the media, from talk radio to the Internet to twenty-four cable news channels, space has to be filled. I doubt that anything will ever stop it. It will probably get worse before it gets better. In many ways, I am glad I do not live in a early primary/caucus state. I would probably have thrown something through my television set.

Only ten months to go. Then we get to hear about John Edwards campaigning in Iowa, again.

No comments: